Friday, January 2, 2009

We made it!!

Well folks, we made it to London! We didn't get lost, lose any luggage, arrive late, or anything! The only issue was not sleeping on the plane...so this is going to be a short post as I am VERY tired and need to go to bed. Sean practically fell asleep at dinner, which is very unlike him but not surprising considering he only had 3 hours of sleep last night! But he had more than Mike and I did...he has done AMAZINGLY well considering all of the changes he has gone through in the last 36 hours. He was waffling between being excited about coming to London to being scared and not wanting to go. But he is having a good time so far. There is a great park 2 blocks from here, so we'll go there often to play. He also can't wait to go on the double decker busses (they are the actual city busses - not just tourist transportation!)

Our flat is pretty much what we expected - we'll have to get used to smaller digs, but we won't be here that much anyway. Some oddities we've noticed so far: they don't refrigerate eggs, the washing machine is in the kitchen (and doesn't really dry), and I almost got hit by a car driving on the "wrong" side. Note to self on that one!

More tomorrow (I hope!).

No comments: