I am now at the Maida Vale library because we are having internet issues at the flat (I'm not surprised by that). Hopefully we'll get it figured out (it worked last night) because the keyboard I'm using is slightly different than what I am used to...another interesting difference I guess!
We had a weird night last night - jet lag I suppose...Sean was asleep by 6:30pm, but up around midnight and couldn't get back to sleep. But Mike and I were up then too - we'd gone to bed at 7:30 and woke up at 11:30...so we all just laid in bed and tried to go back to sleep (Sean was of course in our bed by this time - his room was too "scary") But this set-up wasn't conducive for sleep, so we pulled Sean's mattress into our room and we all managed to fall back asleep sometime around 3am. Woke up at 8am and felt pretty good. We hope to get on the right time schedule soon - jet lag is a big bummer! We had some groceries delivered this morning - almost everything I ordered is in a small/sample-type size. I guess I'll have to order more than I thought! Carrying groceries will get to be a pain I think...the nearest store (Tesco Convenience Store, not the full size Tesco grocery) is about a mile from our flat. (we do have a convenience store/deli/coffee shop :) next door, but it is pretty expensive for groceries) But we are walking in this really beautiful, old neighborhood with brownstone flats, so it is fun to walk around at least! And I'll be working on my arm muscles at the same time!
As for the library - here we are, day 2 of our London adventure, and we're at the library! Yes, we are geeks! We all got our library cards and will frequent the library every week I am sure. (More if we can't get the computer to work!) It is in this really cool old building - lots of crown molding and funky details... Mostly we are here to try and figure out the bus schedule. Sean REALLY wants to ride a double decker bus today, so we're going to try and figure out the schedule so we end up somewhere fun. Hopefully I'll be able to update you where we went later today, and add a picture or two also.
Have a great day!
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment