Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Tate Modern

Well folks, it is official...I just don't "get" modern art. We walked around the Tate Modern for a bit, and all I could think was "Sean could easily do this and we'd be rich!" My favorite piece was a suit - yes, just what appeared to be a plain suit. Or the whole room painted black with white chalk lines an inch apart in a few geometric figures. Weird!

After we walked around the museum, we walked over the Thames on the Millenial Bridge. A very cool piece of art in and of itself. We could see the Tower Bridge from there, and got a glimpse of the London Eye. Sean can't wait to go on the London Eye - but we are waiting for the students to arrive to invite them to come with us. They arrive tomorrow. We are excited for them to get here! We'll do some orientation stuff with them for the next few days - a walking tour of the area, and a bus tour of town, etc.

Sean and Mike went to the park to play football (soccer) and started playing football (real football) with a dad and his 2 boys. So that was really good for both of them! I went to the grocery(as we have done every day) to get some foodstuffs. I just can't get used to eggs not being refrigerated! We do refrigerate them when we get home....

No comments: