We had a pretty lazy week this week - the big snowfall on Monday, which literally shut down the whole city. Tuesday I came down with a flu bug, and Sean came down with it later that day. Luckily he didn't have school on Tuesday because of the weather (which was fine on Tues, but he did have school on the day that was bad - go figure!). So he and I rested Tuesday and Wednesday and he bounced back quicker than me so went to school on Thursday. Today I felt somewhat better, and we had our first playdate! Yeah! We met a family from Dallas last week at the park, and we were finally able to get the boys together (they have 3 and 5 year old boys). We met at the Swiss Cottage Leisure Centre, which is similar to a YMCA. They have a really great cafe and indoor playpark (which hopefully will not be as germ-filled as the one we went to on Sunday, where we are pretty sure our flu-bug came from). They also have a swimming pool and kids pool that is kind of like the pool at Jack Splash (shallow and warm, but big enough to learn swimming strokes). We will definately go back!
Our other big news is that we've made our spring break plans - we're going to Italy!!! I can't wait! 11 days - 5 nights in Rome, 3 in Florence and 2 in Venice. We found a great travel agency that booked us air and hotel for a great price, and all family-friendly hotels. We'll be gone Feb. 27-March 9. That's only 3 weeks away! It's a good thing we joined a gym, I better get working out before all that pasta, pizza and gelato!
We were supposed to go to Stonehenge and Bath with our students tomorrow, but there is a blizzard in Bath at the moment, so we are going to postpone that trip. I hope we didn't jinx the weather! :) So we'll do some sightseeing as a family tomorrow - who knows where we'll end up...
Friday, February 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment